In this age of screens and instant communication, we often forget the power of a handwritten note. You have the power to brighten a senior’s day with just a few minutes of your time by creating a kind, personalized card complete with original artwork and a handwritten message.
The Happy Mail Program
Our HappyMail program brings joy to the elderly by distributing handmade cards and letters to seniors in long-term care homes. Each card is designed and created by people just like you, and features a kind, handwritten messages that can brighten a senior’s day.
Want to join in on the fun? Mail your handmade cards to us at the address below and we will distribute them to seniors in long-term care residences.
Stay Gold Society
P.O. Box 21015
Manning Road Post Office
Tips for Card Making
- Using a blank card, create a design on the front of the card. Your design can be simple or as intricate as you want. Have fun with it!
- Write a positive message inside the card. Do not address the card to anyone in particular. You could start with the simple greeting: “Hi there!”, “Hello!”, “Greetings!”,“Bonjour!”, “Dear Friend” or “Hello, Friend.”
- Write a kind, sincere and joyful message.
- Please avoid cursive and keep the text large.
- Please sign the card with your first name
- Please leave the cards undated
- Please leave the envelope unsealed
- You can also make a birthday card. If this is something you choose to do, please include ‘Happy Birthday’ on the front of the card and a birthday message on the inside.
Please see the gallery below for card making inspiration (click on each image to zoom).
Are you part of a community organization, business or school? Looking to make a difference in the lives of the elderly? Set up a HappyMail station or plan card making events in your community and let everyone in on the card making fun! Contact us for more information.
“When you let your light shine, you unconsciously give others permission to do the same.” – Nelson Mandela