Many seniors living in long-term care will be spend the holiday season alone, feeling isolated and lonely. By mailing in handmade holiday cards, you can help brighten a senior’s holiday.
The Holiday Happy Mail Program
Our Holiday HappyMail program brings joy to the elderly by distributing handmade holiday cards and letters to seniors in long-term care homes. Each card is designed and created by people just like you, and features a kind, handwritten messages that can brighten a senior’s holiday.
Holiday HappyMail 2020 has begun! This year, all cards can be mailed in to:
Stay Gold Society
P.O. Box 21015
Manning Road Post Office
Have a question about Holiday HappyMail? Send an email to email@example.com.
Tips for Card Making
- Be creative! Using a blank card, create a design on the front of the card. Your design can be simple or as intricate as you want. Have fun with it!
- Be yourself- write a kind, sincere and joyful holiday/Christmas message. Do not address the card to anyone in particular. You could start with the simple greeting: “Hi there!”, “Hello!”, “Dear Friend” or “Hello, Friend.”
- Please avoid cursive and keep the text large.
- Please sign the cards with your first name
- Please leave the cards undated
- Please leave the envelope unsealed
2019 was the inaugural year of the Holiday HappyMail program, and we couldn’t be happier with the amazing community response. We set out to collect 10,000 cards for the holiday season, and ended up collecting over 10,600 cards that were delivered to seniors throughout Southwestern Ontario, including every long-term care and retirement home in Windsor-Essex.
Please see the gallery below for card making inspiration (click on each image to zoom).
“Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.” ―B.C. Forbes